Meg’s Chili Recipe
From the Common Roots Member Dinner 9/29
-2 Cups of Cooked Black Beans
-2 Cooked Rugg Brook Sausage Links, sliced.
-5 Tomatoes, diced but keep the juices!
-1 bunch of Kale, torn into bite sized pieces
-4 Carrots, sliced into small chunks
-4 Cloves of Garlic, minced
-1 Yellow Onion, julienned
-2 Tablespoons of Dried Oregano
-1 Tablespoon of Cumin
-1 teaspoon of Chili Powder
-2 Tablespoons of Cilantro
-1 seeded Jalapeño Pepper
-Olive Oil to oil the pot.
-Salt to taste
- Begin by cooking the Garlic and Onions with Olive Oil on low heat.
- Once aromatic, stir in the Dried Oregano.
- When the onions are beginning to look translucent, add in sliced Carrots and Tomatoes, squeezing their juices to deglaze the pan and create a base for a quick veggie broth.
- Add in cooked Black Beans, Sausage, Cumin, Chili Powder, and any other spices you may want to use. Cover with lid and let simmer for 20 minutes or until carrots are soft.
- Lastly add the Kale, Cilantro, and Jalapeños. Sprinkle Salt to taste.