Why buy a Common Roots CSA share?
You are supporting a local, not-for-profit organization dedicated to farm-to-school education and to providing healthy food to our at-risk community.
We’ve built an infrastructure of greenhouses, hoop houses and wash stations to allow us to provide five full months of fresh-to-you harvesting.
In a typical year you can expect to receive approximately 20% more value than veggies purchased elsewhere.
A typical mid-July share might contain:
Harvest -beans, red onion, romaine head, sweet corn, peppers, pint cherry tomato, slicer tomato, eggplant, carrots, bunch of kale, cucumbers, and zucchini.
Salad -red onion, 6 ears of sweet corn, green pepper, shelling beans, romaine head.
As a CSA member you receive exclusive member benefits
- PYO patch – veggies, herbs & flowers
- ‘First pick’ of week’s harvest
- Free Farm Dinner – a catered event with our fresh, farm ingredients to thank you and build your community
Why buy a CSA share?
- 21 weeks of veggies
- Priced to provide ~20% discount
- Late in the week weekly pick-ups at South Village Farm
- Salad share – provides two people with salad greens & veggies for 2 large salads/week
- Harvest share – provides a family of four w/ salad greens & veggies for the whole weeks’ worth of meals
- If you can’t pick up your share or arrange to have someone else pick it up for you that week’s share will be donated to our Community Food Share Program.
Types of Shares
The Harvest Share is a typical, full-season vegetable share offering. This share is valued at $25/week. A typical midseason share will contain 10 – 15 different vegetable options. This share will provide a weeks worth of vegetables for: 2 adult vegetarians, a family of 4 with a standard vegetable consumption, or a 2 month old hog. You will receive ~$25 worth of veggies each week.
Harvest Share @ $550
Or, if paid by 2/21, only $530
The Salad Share is exactly that; a full-season salad offering. This share is valued at $13/week. There will be 6 – 8 items in this share; all intended to be used in some sort of salad. This share is intended to provide 2 large salads per week for 2 adults, 8 side salads for a family of 4, or fodder for a freshly weened hog. You will receive ~$25 worth of veggies/week.
Salad Share @ $295
Or, if paid by 2/21, only $275
Support Your Neighbors
Could you donate to Community Food Share, for families at risk? Please add a donation to your order.
How to Purchase a Share
To purchase a CSA share, please sign up online
or download and fill out this form – Common Roots CSA Sign Up – and mail it with your check to:
Common Roots CSA
PO Box 9335
South Burlington, VT 05407
Any questions or concerns, please contact us at