Common Roots grew out of a gathering of parents, teachers, and farmers who originally met in 2005 to discuss health, nutrition, and food systems. Today we are a 501(c)3 nonprofit community organization connecting farmers, educators, youth, families, and the wider community in building a sustainable future through place-based education and service programs.
Our main objectives are to:
- Provide programs and services that support youth in growing as responsible global citizens.
- Advocate for improved school food systems and sustainable local agriculture.
- Cultivate partnerships that strengthen food security and create community.
- Provide hands-on learning experiences to advance food and nutrition awareness.
- Support community engagement through internships and service learning opportunities
- Participate in natural resource planning for ecosystem stewardship.