Farm to Fork
CHEF PREPARED, FARM FRESH MEALS
At Common Roots, we take food safety very seriously all year round. However, with the current COVID-19 pandemic, we are taking extra precautions, as per the CDC guidelines, to ensure the health and safety of our Common Roots staff as well as our community members. As such, we are also changing our walk-in service to advance orders ONLY. Remember to submit your order by midnight on Fridays and visit us on the appropriate Tuesday to pick up a warm, clean, and delicious takeaway meal.
How it works:
Step 1: Pre-Order Your Meal Online: Add each meal you would like to your cart
Tuesday, June 2 (Order by midnight Friday, May 29)
Crispy Lebanese Falafel wrap (Vegetarian Only)
- Vegetarian – Chickpea Falafel fried golden brown(3), served on homemade Naan bread with local greens, crisp veggies, spiced pickles, Tahini yogurt, and fresh herbs.
Tuesday, June 9th (Order by midnight Friday, June 5)
Beef, black bean, and queso tacos (3)
- Meat – Bread and butter ground beef, organic black beans, housemade queso, and crisp greens served on local tortillas with spiced cilantro rice.
- Vegetarian – Ground lentil “beef”, organic black beans, housemade queso, and crisp greens served on local tortillas with cilantro rice.
Tuesday, June 16 (Order by midnight Friday, June 12)
Braised pork on horseback
- Meat – Portuguese style braised pork butt, roasted pork & tomato bone broth, grilled organic veggies, sunny side up egg, served over Basmati Rice.
- Vegetarian – Portuguese style braised organic tomato wedges, caramelized veggie broth, grilled organic veggies, sunny side up egg, served over Basmati Rice.
Tuesday, June 23 (Order by midnight Friday, June 19)
Grilled Beef Kabobs (2)
- Meat – Grilled beef and pork kabobs with garlic, ginger, middle eastern spices, and herbs. Served with yellow rice, herbed yogurt, and a quick pickle salad.
- Vegetarian – Grilled local veggie kabobs with garlic, ginger, middle eastern spices, and herbs. Served with yellow rice, herbed yogurt, and a quick pickle salad.
Tuesday, June 30th (Order by midnight Friday, June 26)
Red Coconut Curry (mild)
- Vegetarian – House-made red coconut curry broth with ginger turmeric and red curry paste. Served with roasted local veggies, rice noodles, soft boiled egg, roasted nuts, and herbs.
July 7th (Order by midnight Friday, July 3)
- Meat – Organic milk & cream sauce simmered with onions, garlic, parma cheese, and fresh herbs. Served over fettuccine noodles, and topped with marinated & grilled chicken thighs. Accompanied with house-made ciabatta bread, and a side salad.
- Vegetarian – Organic milk & cream sauce simmered with onions, garlic, parma cheese, and fresh herbs. Served over fettuccine noodles, and topped with marinated & grilled local veggies, house-made ciabatta bread, and a side salad.
Step 2: When you have added your meals, complete your order below
Step 3: Please pick up your meal on Tuesday between 4:30 & 6:30 PM
Pull your car upfront at the Wheeler House. Our Chef and Volunteers will greet you at a safe distance and place your order in your trunk.
Pick up time remains 4:30 to 6:30 pm. We hope you will invite your friends and neighbors to join Farm to Fork.
The benefit to Common Roots:
Common Roots has the goal of sustaining > 60% of our program budgets to extend food education beyond South Burlington by 2021. Your choice to purchase meals supports our building the revenue necessary to continue our Farm to Go student-chef middle school program. To date, we have sent over 1,800 balanced meals home with students which they have prepared for their family dinner.
Your Common Roots’ team hopes you have been satisfied with your prepaid meals to go on Tuesday evenings. Thank you for your participation. If you have questions or suggestions e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org