Farm to Fork
CHEF PREPARED, FARM FRESH MEALS
At Common Roots, we take food safety very seriously all year round. However, with the current COVID-19 pandemic, we are taking extra precautions, as per the CDC guidelines, to ensure the health and safety of our Common Roots staff as well as our community members. As such, we are also changing our walk-in service to advance orders ONLY. Remember to submit your order by midnight on Fridays and visit us on the appropriate Tuesday to pick up a warm, clean, and delicious takeaway meal.
How it works:
Step 1: Pre-Order Your Meal Online: Add each meal you would like to your cart
August 25th B.L.T (Featuring Common Roots greens and tomatoes) (Order by midnight Friday, August 21)
- MEAT – Common Roots tomatoes, local shredded lettuce, and cabbage, Rugg Brooke farms crispy bacon. Served on a toasted baguette with house-made sriracha aioli, and fresh herbs. Accompanied with fresh tomato and cucumber Gazpacho
- VEG – Common Roots tomatoes, local shredded lettuce, and cabbage, and Avocado. Served on a toasted baguette with house-made sriracha aioli, and fresh herbs. Accompanied with fresh tomato and cucumber Gazpacho.
September 1st Pork Tacos (featuring VT raised Pork, and VT Tortilla company) (Order by midnight Friday, August 28)
- MEAT – Pork Tacos – Al pastor style braised pork shoulder shaved thin served over VT Tortilla company tortillas(3), pickled onions, shaved cabbage, and a scallion cream. Accompanied with house-made black beans and rice
- VEG – Carrot Tacos – Mojo style braised carrot tacos (3) served over VT Tortilla company tortillas, pickled onions, shaved cabbage, and a scallion cream. Accompanied with house-made black beans and cilantro rice
September 8th Falafel (Featuring Common Roots Veggies) (Order by midnight Friday, September 4)
- VEG – Falafel Wrap – Fried until golden brown (3) Lebanese style falafel served in house-made naan bread with fresh greens, shaved cucumber, spiced pickles, and tahini yogurt. Accompanied with a farm-fresh salad and house-made vinaigrette
September 15th Japanese style pork Ramen (featuring Maple Wind Farms Common Roots Veggies)(Order by midnight Friday, September 11)
- MEAT – Japanese style Pork Ramen – House-made chicken bone broth (maple wind farms), infused with soy, toasted sesame, mirin, and ginger. Accompanied with house-made ramen noodles, 7-minute egg, braised pork loin, and roasted local shaved veggies
- VEG – Japanese style Pork Ramen – House-made roasted veggie broth, infused with soy, toasted sesame, mirin, and ginger. Accompanied with house-made ramen noodles, 7-minute egg, and roasted local shaved veggies
September 22nd Red Coconut Curry (Featuring Common Roots Veggies (Order by midnight Friday, September 18)
- VEG – Red Coconut Curry (mild) – House-made red coconut curry broth with ginger turmeric and red curry paste. Served with roasted local veggies, rice noodles, soft boiled egg, roasted nuts, chili oil, and herbs. Accompanied with house-made naan bread
September 29th Beef Bolognese(Order by midnight Friday, September 22)
- MEAT – Beef Bolognese – Crispy & Creamy polenta cake served with a house-made beef bolognese(bread and Butter Farms, topped with fresh herbs and parmesan cheese. Served with a fresh farm side salad
- VEG – Lentil Bolognese Crispy & creamy polenta cake served
with a house-made lentil bolognese, topped with fresh herbs and parmesan cheese. Served with a fresh farm
side salad and house-made vinaigrette.
Step 2: When you have added your meals, complete your order below
Step 3: Please pick up your meal on Tuesday between 4:30 & 6:30 PM
Pull your car upfront at the Wheeler House. Our Chef and Volunteers will greet you at a safe distance and place your order in your trunk.
Pick up time remains 4:30 to 6:30 pm. We hope you will invite your friends and neighbors to join Farm to Fork.
The benefit to Common Roots:
Common Roots has the goal of sustaining > 60% of our program budgets to extend food education beyond South Burlington by 2021. Your choice to purchase meals supports our building the revenue necessary to continue our Farm to Go student-chef middle school program. To date, we have sent over 1,800 balanced meals home with students which they have prepared for their family dinner.
Your Common Roots’ team hopes you have been satisfied with your prepaid meals to go on Tuesday evenings. Thank you for your participation. If you have questions or suggestions e-mail: email@example.com