Farm to Fork
CHEF PREPARED, FARM FRESH MEALS
At Common Roots, we take food safety very seriously all year round. However, with the current COVID-19 pandemic, we are taking extra precautions, as per the CDC guidelines, to ensure the health and safety of our Common Roots staff as well as our community members. As such, we are also changing our walk-in service to advance orders ONLY. Remember to submit your order by midnight on Fridays and visit us on the appropriate Tuesday to pick up a warm, clean, and delicious takeaway meal.
How it works:
Step 1: Pre-Order Your Meal Online: Add each meal you would like to your cart
January 5 – Shepherd’s Pie
- MEAT – Beef – Red wine and rosemary braised beef chuck (VT Raised), roasted local root veggies, peas, fresh herbs, and house-made gravy. Topped off with a rustic creamy garlic mashed potato
- VEG – Shepherd’s Pie – Moroccan spiced butternut squash, roasted root veggies, peas, fresh herbs, and a house-made tomato, rosemary, and red wine gravy. Topped off with a rustic creamy garlic mashed potato.
January 12 – Chicken or Eggplant Parm
- MEAT – Chicken Parm – VT raised chicken thighs (2), breaded and deep-fried until golden brown. Served atop of house-made marinara sauce and fettuccine noodles topped off with melted mozzarella, parma cheese, and fresh herbs
- VEG – Eggplant Parm – Eggplant breaded and deep-fried until golden brown. Served atop of house-made Marinara sauce and fettuccine noodle stopped off with melted mozzarella, parma cheese, and fresh herbs.
January 19 – Cowboy Chili
- MEAT – Cowboy Chili – Classic Texas-style chili. Spiced tomato braised beef chuck (VT raised), onions, bell peppers, jalapeno, and smokey black beans. Topped with an herb crema, fried tortilla strips, and house-made cornbread.
- VEG – Cowboy Chili – Cast iron charred spiced root veggies, onions, bell peppers, jalapenos, and smokey black beans, served in cumin, coriander, and smoked paprika-spiced tomato stew.
January 26 – Falafel Wrap
- VEG – Falafel Wrap – Fried until golden brown (3) Lebanese style falafel served in house-made naan bread with fresh greens, shaved cucumber, spiced pickles, and tahini yogurt. Accompanied with a farm-fresh salad and house-made vinaigrette
February 2 – Pot Pie
- MEAT – Chicken Potpie – Braised chicken thighs, served with roasted local root veggies sweet potato, peas, fresh herbs, and house-made bone broth chicken gravy. Topped with a buttery, and flaky puff pastry crust baked until golden brown.
- VEG – Sweet Potato Pot Pie – Roasted sweet potato, butternut squash, turnips, parsnips, carrots, and peas. Served in a house-made tomato, red wine, and winter herb gravy topped with a buttery, and flaky puff pastry crust baked until golden brown.
February 9 – Tacos
- MEAT – Pork Carnitas – – Al pastor style braised pork shoulder shaved thin served over VT Tortilla company tortillas(3), house-made winter de Gallo, shaved cabbage, and a herb crema. Accompanied with house-made black beans and cilantro rice
- VEG – Lentil Carnitas – – Spiced ground lentil beef, served over VT Tortilla company tortillas(3), house-made winter de Gallo, shaved cabbage, and a herb crema. Accompanied with house-made black beans and cilantro rice
Step 2: When you have added your meals, complete your order below
Step 3: Please pick up your meal on Tuesday between 4:30 & 6:30 PM
Pull your car upfront at the Wheeler House. Our Chef and Volunteers will greet you at a safe distance and place your order in your trunk.
Pick up time remains 4:30 to 6:30 pm. We hope you will invite your friends and neighbors to join Farm to Fork.
The benefit to Common Roots:
Common Roots has the goal of sustaining > 60% of our program budgets to extend food education beyond South Burlington by 2021. Your choice to purchase meals supports our building the revenue necessary to continue our Farm to Go student-chef middle school program. To date, we have sent over 1,800 balanced meals home with students which they have prepared for their family dinner.
Your Common Roots’ team hopes you have been satisfied with your prepaid meals to go on Tuesday evenings. Thank you for your participation. If you have questions or suggestions e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org