Farm to Fork
CHEF PREPARED, FARM FRESH MEALS
At Common Roots, we take food safety very seriously all year round. However, with the current COVID-19 pandemic, we are taking extra precautions, as per the CDC guidelines, to ensure the health and safety of our Common Roots staff as well as our community members. As such, we are also changing our walk-in service to advance orders ONLY. Remember to submit your order by midnight on Fridays and visit us on the appropriate Tuesday to pick up a warm, clean, and delicious takeaway meal.
How it works:
Step 1: Pre-Order Your Meal Online: Add each meal you would like to your cart
July 7th (Order by midnight Friday, July 3)
- Meat – Organic milk & cream sauce simmered with onions, garlic, parma cheese, and fresh herbs. Served over fettuccine noodles, and topped with marinated & grilled chicken thighs. Accompanied with house-made ciabatta bread, and a side salad.
- Vegetarian – Organic milk & cream sauce simmered with onions, garlic, parma cheese, and fresh herbs. Served over fettuccine noodles, and topped with marinated & grilled local veggies, house-made ciabatta bread, and a side salad.
July 14th (Order by midnight Friday, July 10)
Charred Cabbage Dinner
- Vegetarian – Charred Cabbage Dinner – Morrocan spiced & grilled cabbage steaks, Shelburne Farm’s cheddar aioli, fresh herbs, olive oil, roasted potato wedges, served over Spanish style quinoa.
July 21st (Order by midnight Friday, July 17)
- Meat – Pork Tacos – Al pastor style braised pork shoulder shaved thin served over VT Tortilla company tortillas(3), pickled onions, shaved cabbage, and a scallion cream. Accompanied with house-made black beans and rice
- Vegetarian – Carrot Tacos – Mojo style braised carrot tacos (3) served over VT Tortilla company tortillas, pickled onions, shaved cabbage, and a scallion cream. Accompanied with house-made black beans and rice
July 28th (Order by midnight Friday, July 24)
- Meat – Beef Kabob – Grilled Turkish style Beef kabobs with garlic, ginger, middle eastern spices, and herbs. Served over yellow rice, grilled local veggies, herbed yogurt, and a quick pickle salad
- Vegetarian – Veggie Kabob – Grilled local veggie kabobs with tomatoes, peppers, mushrooms, onions, garlic, ginger, middle eastern spices, and herbs. Served with yellow rice, herbed yogurt, and a quick pickle salad
August 4th (Order by midnight Friday, July 31)
- Vegetarian – Falafel Wrap – Fried until golden brown (3) Lebanese style falafel served in house-made naan bread with fresh greens, shaved cucumber, spiced pickles, and tahini yogurt. Accompanied with a farm-fresh salad and house-made vinaigrette.
August 11th (Order by midnight Friday, August 7)
Louisiana Red Beans & Rice
- Meat – Louisiana Red Beans & Rice – VT Raised grilled andouille sausage, house-made Louisiana style red beans (mild), herbed cream, served over basmati rice, and a side of housemade cornbread
- Vegetarian – Louisiana Red Beans & Rice – Seven-minute soft boiled egg, house-made Louisiana style red beans (mild), herbed cream, served over basmati rice, and a side of housemade cornbread.
August 18th (Order by midnight Friday, August 14)
- Vegetarian – Eggplant Parmesan – Eggplant breaded and fried until golden brown, baked in house-made tomato sauce, parma cheese, mozzarella, fresh herbs, and olive oil. Served with a farm-fresh green salad and house-made vinaigrette
Step 2: When you have added your meals, complete your order below
Step 3: Please pick up your meal on Tuesday between 4:30 & 6:30 PM
Pull your car upfront at the Wheeler House. Our Chef and Volunteers will greet you at a safe distance and place your order in your trunk.
Pick up time remains 4:30 to 6:30 pm. We hope you will invite your friends and neighbors to join Farm to Fork.
The benefit to Common Roots:
Common Roots has the goal of sustaining > 60% of our program budgets to extend food education beyond South Burlington by 2021. Your choice to purchase meals supports our building the revenue necessary to continue our Farm to Go student-chef middle school program. To date, we have sent over 1,800 balanced meals home with students which they have prepared for their family dinner.
Your Common Roots’ team hopes you have been satisfied with your prepaid meals to go on Tuesday evenings. Thank you for your participation. If you have questions or suggestions e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org