Community Food Shares
- Common Roots grows nourishing, certified organic veggies for families who face food insecurity
- Secure other foods from our partnership with both Trader Joe’s and Panera
- Invite participants to try new foods and expand their culinary skills
- Encourage families to visit the farm and learn about how food is cultivated
- Currently available to 40 families identified by school support teams
The Community Food Shares program provides participating families with fresh, nutritious veggies from our farm each week throughout the growing season. Thanks to a partnership with Trader Joe’s, and Panera Bread we pick up over 1,000 cases of food annually.
Families are identified by social workers in all five South Burlington schools.
How does it work?
Common Roots launched the Community Food Shares program in 2008 with a generous donation from the Lattner Family Foundation.
Leadership gifts from the Hoehl Family Foundation, PC Construction, Peggy Ireland, and other generous donors, have allowed us to sustain this effort.
Please join us in underwriting Community Food Shares for members of our community with a tax-deductible donation.
If you would like to become involved in a community team who helps to raise fund for the growing volume of fresh, organic produce community members select, call Carol 999-4270.