Common Roots grew out of a gathering of parents, teachers, and farmers who originally met in 2005 to discuss health, nutrition, and food systems. Today we are a 501(c)3 nonprofit community organization connecting farmers, educators, youth, families, and the wider community in building a sustainable future through place-based education and service programs.
Our main objectives:
- Support youth in becoming responsible global citizens.
- Advocate for improved school food systems and sustainable local agriculture.
- Provide hands-on learning experiences to advance food and nutrition awareness.
- Support community engagement through internships and service-learning opportunities.
- Participate in natural resource planning for ecosystem stewardship.
- Cultivate partnerships that strengthen food security and create community.